Aerohive Networks' award-winning, cloud-enabled, network access solutions and applications deliver enterprise-grade Wi-Fi without the additional hardware expense of a controller. These unified, intelligent simplified networks can be deployed and scaled cost-effectively as a replacement for Ethernet. The platform's flexibility and robust design enables organizations to enjoy enterprise mobility with a consistent network architecture regardless of their size or level of IT resources.
The networks are also self-organizing, offering superior functionality and performance and allowing "zero-touch," automated configuration of new devices on the network without compromising user-based security. Network keys and credentials are fully encrypted, and a cloud proxy automatically routes Internet-bound traffic through cloud-based web security service to deliver higher security.
Specific features and technologies incorporated within the Aerohive Networks solution include:
- Superior, Simplified Coverage: Ubiquitous Wi-Fi coverage with 8-10 times bandwidth improvements via 802.11n. with simple, secure guest access.
- Fully interoperable: Allows wired and wireless access to work together, interchangeably
- Bonjour Gateway: Supports Apple's "Zero-Configuration Networking" for products in the enterprise and educational institutions
- Client Health Score: Offers at-a-glance visibility into the status or "health" of clients connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Cloud Platform: Aerohive Networks' technologies are collocated in Tier-1, SAS70 type II-certified datacenters, enabling Aerohive Networks to deliver its networking platform to companies on-demand and globally.
- Social Login: Businesses can provide enterprise-grade Wi-Fi to their consumers while gaining visibility into valuable demographics to provide more personalized engagement and increase sales.
- Dynamic Airtime Scheduling: Allocates airtime rather than bandwidth to each individual user, user type and user queue.